Sound Meditation in my Studio

Sound therapy is nothing new. It is a catalyst for deep meditation. It helps to align and open blocked chakras, leading to overall health and well-being of both the practitioner and participant.
Whether you agree with the existence of the seven body chakras or not, sound bath and sound meditation have been scientifically proven to alleviate stress and relieve tension. The simple act of making time for yourself to be still, clearing the mind_is a restorative activity. A sound bath can set you up to tackle your next big challenge!


I became interested in Tibetan singing bowls over 2 decades ago, when I studied various percussive techniques. The practice was a relaxing one for me, and I reveled in teaching others to play bowls to enhance their own meditative practice. I still love sharing these techniques with others.

In recent years I began to study the mindfulness practices of family members who still live in our homeland, the island of Antigua. Theirs is less a structured practice and more a way of being; walking softly through life, breathing deeply, following the flow of nature and the seasons. The meditative music that exists in this part of the world is almost exclusively 'female" in tone and timbre; think of the sounds of Caribbean steel pan music or the wind chimes that are ubiquitous across the breezy island landscape. This lifestyle is mindful.

These are the elements that I bring together in my sound bath practice:the foundation of hammered Tibetan singing bowls, the Indian Shruti box drone, and classic chimes from Antigua and Barbuda.