Winter Holiday: UK 3.0

 

Banksy 'n 'em


It's funny, each time I travel abroad, I fall in love with something new. England is no different:

  • Me, traveling.

    In winter 2023, on the advice of a fellow traveler, I started following and fell for the the Northern England EFL team Hartlepool United Football Club (this season relegated to the National League)

  • On that trip I also fell in love with a young woman bartender, an island girl like me, but from Dominica, who was living in a flat with her partner, and making a life for herself. Saviola and I chatted about our Caribbean people, travel abroad, food, drinks, being immigrants, and whatnot else from opposite sides of the bar.

  • And then there's the forty-something gardener in Yorkshire. She is my age, loves plants and animals, just started a YouTube channel, and is presently in university at our age (studying Biomedical Research)!! She is also a grandma who cooks and bakes like a professional chef
  • I further fell in love with the hair and skin oil I found in the Covent Garden Apple Market, Shea Luv; after using it for a month daily, my skin has been much more radiant. I admit to rationing the stuff, in case a return trip never happens...my second option is to try to replicate their formula for myself, if a return doesn't happen!

Now that I've learned the trip will happen again, I am looking forward to revisiting and catching up. My gardening buddy has said she would love to see me in Yorkshire, and I'm planning to invite myself to hers for a Sunday roast...not to mention the family we met in Antigua this summer. If time aligns properly, I may also treat my travel companions (*three ladies from the USA who are making the trip with me) to the Lion King in the west end (or Manchester)! 

As for my return to Covent Garden, the plan is to bring along empty carry-on luggage and then stock up on this magical elixir for the return journey. 

*My buddies Shirley and Erin will likely come too, and our new friend from '23, Aaliyah.

Post a Comment

0 Comments