PoeM: I too want Maltesers

A month ago, I went to our local supermarket to pick up my daily packet of candy and a few odds and ends. The candy wasn't in stock, so I tried again every other day for a week. Then every week until I learned that Giant will no longer carry this particular international malted milk ball. I am so shattered by the news I need to write a poem about my love for this confectionery, now missing from my life. Here is another original, non-rhyming poem:



 my love once described being without me in the metaphor of our favorite chocolate treat

he said it's like wanting Maltesers but being unable to have them

YES

Maltesers are me and I them

mildly sweet, tasty, chocolatey, tongue-in-cheek, kind, empathetic, beautifully round

the kind of candy
forsaking all othersone would happily spend the rest of their life with

 

so what do you do without them?

get a lesser chocolate bar snack and remain constantly unsatisfied?

disappointedwhile still craving even a single serving packet?

I suggested that it's possible to try some other candy and see if one enjoys it as much

but perhaps in a different way

his protest is this

NO

there is only one Maltesers

and as I sit in the car gobbling cloyingly sweet handful after handful of Whoppers 

chasing the illusive flavor, sensation, feeling

I know this to be true

 

 Note: Whoppers are not Maltesers 😔 

 

 

 

Post a Comment

2 Comments

Bad Puppy said…
You could make a malteser tray bake!
Bad Puppy said…
https://www.sugarsaltmagic.com/malteser-traybake/