Mindful Eating: Day 3…

Finding the time for mindful eating…Breakfast is a challenge.

First, because it’s muesli. I’m not a fan of oats, so I must to doctor them up special to make them palatable.

ingredients lined up in a row, against a white background.
Practical DINK Muesli recipe: (random amounts of)
Oats, unsweetened dried coconut, dried cranberry or currants, unsalted pepitas, raw sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and a scoop of raisin bran cereal.


Next, I have grown accustomed to standing for breakfast, and shoveling it in (again because I don’t really like oats), and I have rarely sat down to eat breakfast.

So, Today, I made an effort to sit, chew, notice the flavours and textures of every bite…for the first time in years. Then I spied the digital clock, glaring at me with neon contempt. I had to get a wiggle on, if I were going to get to work 15 minutes early! So I opted to drive to work instead of taking my usual 60 minute walk.

Surprisingly, I rather enjoyed the oats. Perhaps this mindful eating will increase my enjoyment of all the foods in ingest?

Post a Comment

0 Comments