drink this : new year's resolution update

For 2013, I made a resolution: no more dining out in restaurants. 20 days into the new year and I've managed to stick to my guns. I'm pretty proud of myself--three weeks into the new year and three un-taken trips to my favorite eatery, and I've saved approximately $200. An unforeseen effect is that my wine consumption is way down, so I've taken to visiting the local wine shop every-so-often for a bottle for the house. Last week's white was the 2010 Four Vines Naked Chardonnay.

Naked's selling point is that their wines are
un-oaked, and aged in stainless steel barrels.
I think even my untrained palate can detect the difference. One of my more famous life mottoes was "life's too short for white wine!" Today, I stand corrected. For the price, this un-oaked chardonnay is a tasty treat. Light to medium body, it works well drinking alone or with a fruit and cheese tray (another thing I've enjoyed creating for myself!). It's a very good everyday white. If you get a chance, check it out.