Winter Coatings



Well, I finally have an entirely new winter coat wardrobe, and didn't break the bank. It's been over a decade since I've purchased a new winter coat that covers all the bases. My last winter coat came from our old store, Funk in the Trunk, it was originally a burly kids, wool, vintage coat with a rabbit fur collar.

In fact I went on the cheap, shopping online for coats that look good on me and offer enough protection from the elements without overheating my overheated frame.

So far this has been a mild winter, only dipping down into the teens on just a few occasions. I'm guessing that February will be the real test of my frugal coat finds:

Most under $100. Top row (L-R) H by Halston, same, Dennis Basso Floral Trench
Bottom row (L-R):DKNY long trench ($200), Old Navy utility jacket with sleeves cut off, H by Halston hi-low down puffer.

The cotton vest is something I wear whenever the weather gets above 42 (degrees Fahrenheit). It's perfect for me with just a sweater or a couple long-sleeve tees underneath.