Covid-19 and Us: Stay at home Wk.4


My stomach has been churning over the probability of my being laid off or furloughed from work. Late last week I got a letter from our human resources staffer telling me that my 40 hours would be cut to 20 hours. To be honest, I decided not to call anyone to complain because this was definitely a mistake on the part of HR. As a contractor, I’m already working 20 hours a week (usually more, but that’s my baseline). My calling for clarification would likely trigger them to investigate more and cut my hours to 10!

Well, I was happily flying under the radar when after further investigation by my team, I learn that I’m indeed being cut to 10 hours. The news came this week. The good news is that the constant stomach-churning anxiety at being furloughed is gone…so are the losing-my-job-themed nightmares.