lilyette unlined underwire bra

I've always thought that I have an average decolletage--wearing either a B or C cup, depending on the movement of the moon. Top bra manufacturers seem to believe that women who wear a B or C would much rather wear a D. That's probably true for Generation Y and Baby Boomers, it's not at all the case for this Gen-Xer. The prevalence of the  underwire and inch-thick padding keeps me out of the bra aisle until conditions in my smalls drawer reach critical. 

As you know, I recently retired my favorite Frederick's of Hollywood, unlined, sheer brassiere and ordered three different brands to try out. First to arrive was the American Apparel(AA)  bra. A day later, I got the Lilyette Women's Enchantment 3-Section Unlined Minimizer Underwire Bra. They don't sell B-cups, so I chose a C. 

While the AA bra was minimalist in its construction, the Lilyette is anything but. It boasts full cup coverage, smooth back support--which to me means an extra wide back and shoulder elastic--and 4 rows of hook and eye hardware--more than most conventional bras. It's a substantial garment, but not completely uncomfortable. As my lunar cycle aligned perfectly with the arrival of this bra, I was able to get the full effect of the minimizer on my temporary C-cup frame. It worked. My chest looked and felt normal as I wore the new bra for 3 consecutive days.

However, this is truly a C-cup, I pulled on the Lilyette yesterday and noticed that the lacy upper cup area was baggy over my slightly smaller bosom. This is a great period bra.


I rate it a 4/5 for fit,  and minimizer effect. However, the extra-wide elastic is less than comfortable.