A Hundred Bucks Gets You...


Okay, I have been very thrifty this season-owing to the extremely cold weather. As a primarily biking family it's just too cold to head to the shops.

A week ago a girlfriend took pity on me and we drove out to a new thrift store in the wilds of suburbia. This shop was not only large, but also chock full of gorgeous high-quality merchandise. While touring the aisles I grabbed about a dozen sleeveless tops from Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, Banana Republic, J Crew, H&M, and Anne Taylor. The 2 Ralph Lauren frocks that I also picked up are now at the dry cleaners.  The non-clothes items that I scored were a ceramic plant pots and a pair wrought iron sconces. All this for $112.

While not a label-maven I do appreciate quality and like to build a versatile wardrobe. My fancy business woman tops tend to work just as well when paired with slacks as with a denim skirt on the weekends.

In looking back I'm glad the unnamed thrift store is a 45 minute drive away… having such an awesome shop in biking distance would be wreak haven on my finances.

Post a Comment

0 Comments