A Mini Nostalgia tour

London 2024

Last year I wrote about meeting a kind and compassionate solicitor on my last day on holiday in London. In those 8 hours, we chatted, strolled around west London and he bought me a pencil case. This year was definitely different, in that I traveled solo, and had none of the guided activities to allow me to ignore street signs and directions entirely. 

In my solo travels--and operating without the benefit of constant access to wi-fi, I had to pre-plan my routes meticulously, and then identify landmarks and signs along the way. It's like modern orienteering! Anyway, one day in my travels I stumbled across the first landmark that my last visit's guide showed me, and had to snap a selfie. Back then, we paused to drink G+T on the benches facing this edifice. Here's the detail of this week's return:

I also couldn't resist getting a pic of the little bodega that sold us my treasured plastic pencil case 😂



Post a Comment

0 Comments